11.12.2012

A Complete Guide to Sword and Sandal Movies Available on Streaming

Because I apparently have both nothing better to do and extreme obsessive tendencies, I decided to spend a few of the precious hours I've been granted on this earth to compile as complete a list as possible of Sword and Sandal movies available to stream on both Netflix Instant and Amazon Prime Instant Video.  Most of these are available on Amazon Prime Instant Video free to stream with yearly membership.  Others are available on Netflix Instant.

I used this Wikipedia page as reference, manually searching for each title entry on Amazon.  I didn't search each title on Netflix because its more robust recommendation features kept suggesting the same small batch of titles, leading me to believe I had about found all it had on offer.  Anyway, Amazon Instant has a massive, Viking-king vault treasury full of these things free to stream.  I've organized links to each of the available titles below in the chronological and series order used by the Wikipedia page.  I've modified chronology in favor of IMDB release years, which reflect original international release rather than favoring the U.S. release date.  I've made a few additions myself, as well.

Click on the titles to be taken to the relevant Amazon Instant or Netflix page!  Or read the Wikipedia page to read the fascinating history of this film craze!  Don't stay too long in the desert!  Or do!

HERCULES SERIES:
1958 - Hercules
HERCULES DUBS:

MACISTE SERIES:

URSUS:


THE SONS OF HERCULES TV SERIES:

NON-SERIES ITALIAN PEPLA:

1954 - Ulysses [NETFLIX]
1960 - David and Goliath [NETFLIX ONLY]
1961 - Amazons of Rome [NETFLIX ONLY]
1966 - Knives of the Avenger [NETFLIX ONLY]
1978 - The Norseman [NETFLIX]

NON-ITALIAN MOVIES:

1929 - The Iron Mask
1935 - Captain Blood
1953 - Julius Caesar
1953 - The Robe
1958 - The Vikings
1966 - The Bible

LATER MOVIES:

1981 - Dragonslayer
1983 - Hercules
1984 - Conan the Destroyer [NETFLIX ONLY]

No comments:

Post a Comment